Thursday, May 14, 2009

Featured Artist No.1 Jonathan Kusek

Posted by Taylor Greenwood


This weeks Featured Artist is Jonathan Kusek. Jon is a soon to be graduate of Pioneer Valley Regional School and has a love for photography.  Jon and I shared a photo class a couple of years ago when I was still in school. We were very happy to work with him as our first featured artist. Please read on about him and check out his WEBSITE and BLOG



So you're a photographer...Why? 

Well, it's something i always count on making me happy when i need it. It gives me the feeling of creativity, and originality. It never seizes to make me realize how lucky i am to look at things the way i do. 

What do you plan on doing with your photography? Any plans to change the world?

I hope to keep exploring the world of photography as long as i live, whether it be a career or a hobby. And yeah, I'd like to change the world one day i suppose, I'm always up for a challenge.   

How would you describe your style?

Hmm, well, i never really can categorize my style that well, but my photos consist of nature,portraits,and some journalism i suppose. I really just shoot pictures of anything that interests me. I enjoy shooting film the most, but shoot digital just as much.

Education plans?

If all goes well, I plan on going to a local community college for a year or two, and then transferring out to an art college of some sort.

Other photographers or artists you look up to?

- Ansel Adams
- Weegee
- Steve McCurry
- Todd Hido

Favorite music.
Well recently quite a bit tof hip-hop such as Nujabes, MF Doom, Madlib, Wu-tang. Apart from hip-hop, i enjoy The Smiths, Fall of Troy, The Mountain Goats.  I can't really choose much, my taste in music ranges quite a bit. 


More things we should know about you?

Well, i enjoy watching and making movies, playing soccer, sleeping, and bathing in mustard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment